A one-day masterclass for people considering a new approach to commissioning
Tuesday 5th March 2019
This highly practical one-day session will help you to change the way you engage with your suppliers/providers to create a collaborative, asset-based approach to improving your service.
In the current climate of increasing demand and reducing resources, commissioners are searching for new ways of providing services.
Some commissioners and providers are looking at making use of the assets that exist through personal and community self-help and co-production. With the right method, this can result in profoundly better outcomes. However, to be sustainable, asset-based commissioning has to fundamentally change the thinking that governs the way that any such work is designed and managed and, in turn, how commissioners engage and work with suppliers.
Benefits of attending
- get an insight into a different approach to commissioning
- learn from others who have realised the benefits of commissioning in a different way
- understand at an introductory level the Vanguard Method and its application in people centred services
- understand why it is critical to change the thinking that governs the way the system is run when transforming the commissioning process
Who is the masterclass for?
- anyone who runs and manages front-line services in either the public, third sector or private sector (e.g. home-care commissioners, or advice line providers)
- anyone who commissions services
- those who interested in using the skills, knowledge and strengths of individuals in communities and localities when commissioning services
- policymakers in public services nationally and locally
- regulators and inspectors
Joanne has many years’ experience in Vanguard Method and has consulted on diverse projects in the public, voluntary and private sectors. She has helped a wide variety of organisations understand how their current system works through the application of Vanguard Method principles. This has included extensive experience in working across organisations in localities, challenging traditional work boundaries and removing constraints to focus on the individual/citizen at the centre of the service(s). More recently she has supported organisations that are experimenting with commissioning homecare based on an understanding of ‘what matters’ and challenging traditional procurement processes.
Brendan O’Donovan is Head of Research at Vanguard Consulting. Originally from a local authority background, Brendan joined Vanguard in 2007 and worked with Vanguard’s founder Prof John Seddon on a series of publications. Brendan has worked with a variety of organisations including local authorities, universities, the NHS, housing associations and charities to study the way they design and manage their work.
Brendan and Joanne are the tutors on a workplace-based People Centred Services course at Kingston University, helping those working in people centred services to improve people’s lives and reduce costs.
The cost to attend this ‘Beyond Commissioning’ event is £195 plus VAT per delegate. Early Bird Rate £100 plus VAT per delegate if booked before 5th February 2019.
If you are unable to attend this date, please register your interest and be the first to find out when the next course will run by filling in the form below