Business: The Vanguard Method Consulting Ltd.
Title: Principle Consultant (NOC 1122)
Location of work: 1050 – 3280 Bloor Street West, Etobicoke, Toronto, M8X 2X3
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Salary: CAD $106,000.00
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases.
Contact: applicants should forward their cv and a covering letter describing their suitability for the role to: email@example.com
- Using intervention theory and an appropriate application for each client, design and deliver normative interventions for clients’ senior management teams, middle managers, front-line staff, and support staff (for example IT, HR, Legal etc). Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have used the Vanguard Method to design normative interventions that have delivered demonstrable results for global clients in terms of service, revenue, and efficiency.
- Through the design and delivery of normative interventions, apply the Vanguard Method to:
- Analyse and understand the current capability and inefficiencies of clients’ operations including core system (ie. those that touch the customer) and support systems (those that support the core systems, eg: IT, HR, Legal etc).
- Empirically understand the relationship among: clients’ current management thinking, clients’ systems (ie, the design and management of work), and performance (in customer terms).
- Use and apply the Vanguard Method, a unique and well-recognised body of knowledge and ‘theory of management’ about perspective (what is done) and method (how it is done), systemically and systematically to clients’ operations and strategies.
- Experiment and apply new ‘Vanguard Method’ operating assumptions to the design and management of clients’ operations or ‘work’ and strategies.
- Empirically test the efficacy of clients’ operations or ‘work’ and strategies to improve the capability and capacity of clients’ systems, and
- Ensure such operating assumptions remain sustainable in other words, that they remain embedded in clients’ systems and constantly applied by client personnel over time.
- Additional services as agreed by the parties from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- MBA is considered an asset;
- Minimum of 7-10 years as a senior consultant is required;
- Applicants will be required to work with all levels of staff, managers, and leaders in client organizations, from the CEO to frontline staff. Applicants must be able to demonstrate they are able to work confidently and autonomously with all levels of personnel in the client.
- Applicants must be IT literate and able to use word processing software, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Applicants must have experience reviewing, writing, and negotiating contracts with clients and their internal and external legal teams. This experience must include establishing and protecting intellectual property.
- Applicants must have an understanding of intervention theory and its appropriate application in the design and delivery of interventions. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have used an appropriate systems thinking perspective and appropriate intervention theory to design and deliver normative interventions that have delivered demonstrable results for global clients in terms of service, revenue, and efficiency.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be flexible and willing to work on client sites