You can’t change any organisation in one go. In every large-scale change you have people who have ‘got it’ working alongside their colleagues who haven’t.
These are the things people often say:
• It’s a leap of faith
• It only works in operations
• It is mad to ignore budgets / financial numbers
• It hasn’t worked anywhere else
• It takes too long and we don’t have time
• It’s crazy to say yes to everything the customer wants irrespective of cost
• It’s not ‘strategic’
• It’s a cult
• It is going to make performance worse
• They are not paying attention to risk or legal/regulatory requirements
• Vanguard says ‘let the people decide’
None of the above is true. All are reflections of command-and-control thinkers trying to map systems ideas on to their current way of thinking. It is the way of thinking that is the problem.